Body Transformation Diet
So what diet is going to transform your body? In my experience, after 20 years working in Fitness and Nutrition, the best way to get guaranteed results, other than using my Nutrition Protocol, is to weigh and measure your food and count calories or follow a Macro Diet Plan.
Bodybuilder’s and fitness competitors have done this for many years but we didn’t used to call it that. The idea is that you decide on a daily caloric goal and weigh and measure your food. “Macro” stands for macronutrients, which of course are Proteins, Carbohydrates and Fats.
Counting grams of macronutrients is the focus rather than counting calories, which encourages healthier eating. I have helped many clients lose weight and transform their bodies with calorie measured meal plans and it works 100% of the time if you don’t overeat.
Unfortunately, this type of dieting can kind of take the enjoyment out of eating since a scientific, unemotional approach is necessary to succeed. It works better if you think of your meals as fuel for your workouts to help you perform at peak levels.
After you determine the correct portion sizes that meets your daily goal you will want to prepare your meals ahead to set yourself up for success. It’s quite simple really, if after a week you are not losing weight you need to reduce the portion sizes. If you are ready to start out with this kind of a plan there are many free Macro Calculators online to help you determine the correct daily portions for weight loss. These are more to use as a starting point that you adjust up or down depending on your results and energy levels.
PROS: 100% Guaranteed weight loss if you don’t overeat. Takes the grey areas and guess work out of dieting, everything is measured and portioned.
CONS: Most people find it hard to stick with this level of meal planning and preparation. Takes the enjoyment out of eating since you are required to stick to the plan and eat small portions.
So whether or not you choose a Macro/Calorie measured diet you will want to eat mostly healthy foods wouldn’t you agree?
Back when I was competing in Bodybuilding we used to use a small amount of staple foods that were universally recognized as being nutrient rich, inexpensive and easy to cook and portion:
Chicken, Fish, Turkey, Eggs, Brown Rice, Sweet Potatoes, Oats, Broccoli and Asparagus were the staples of my measured meal plan and many times I would just cook up a bunch of these foods and then portion them into small meals to eat 3 to 5 times a day. You can get my full list of healthy foods by downloading my Nutrition Plan For Success PDF below.
Hiring a Fitness Meal Prep service is another option if you want to make it easier for yourself or don’t have time to prepare meals.
Whether you hire a nutrition expert to make your meal plan for you or you do it on your own with free online resources or apps like MyFitnessPal, you will most likely have to eat less.
You may feel a little hungry in the beginning. This will change after a a couple weeks and you will start to feel more energetic as your body gets used to burning fat for fuel. It’s important that you stick with it for the entire 6 weeks to get results.
If measuring and weighing foods is not for you then you might want to try my Nutrition Protocol.
Please leave me your questions and comments below and I invite you to join my private Fitness Motivation Facebook Group link is below…
Chia Smoothie Recipe:
This great chia smoothie is delicious and loaded with protein, fiber and omega-3 fats. You can easily multiply the ingredients and prepare chia smoothies for everyone.
- 3–4 Tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 cup milk (I use coconut, almond or cashew milk)
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup, honey or sweetener of choice
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- 1 cup of sliced fresh strawberries
- top with fresh berries of your choice and toasted amaranth.
- In a bowl or mason jar with a lid, stir together chia seeds, milk, 1 Tablespoon of maple syrup or honey and vanilla, if using. If you’re using a mason jar, you can put the lid on and shake the mixture to combine everything.
- Once the chia gel mixture is well combined, let it sit for 5 minutes, give it another stir/shake to break up any clumps of chia seeds, cover and put the mixture in the fridge to “set” for 1-2 hours or overnight. The chia should be nice and thick, not liquidy. If it’s not thick enough, just add more chia seeds (about 1 Tablespoon), stir and refrigerate for another 30 minutes or so.
You can also prep the night before and let it sit in the fridge overnight to create the creamy chia gel.
- Chia gel can be stored for up to 5-7 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- In a blender or food processor combine 2/3 cup strawberries and 1 Tablespoon of maple syrup or honey and blend into a puree
- Add the remaining 1/3 cup of strawberries to the chia gel and layer your smoothie/parfait with strawberry puree on the bottom and top and your creamy chia gel in the middle. Top with fresh berries of your choice and toasted amaranth.
My Nutrition Protocol
How I Lost 22 pounds in 2 months while eating whatever I wanted.
Things like Pizza, tacos, pasta…
I was having dinner with some friends recently who hadn’t seen me in a year or so. One friend, Jack who is a serious trail runner noticed I had lost some weight and asked me about it. I explained to the group how I had lost 22 pounds but really was not even trying to lose weight. I was just following a new Nutrition Protocol that I hoped was going to boost my energy and reward me with some other supposed health benefits.
Sure, I had been saying for years how I wanted to lose 10 pounds to run better and feel lighter and healthier, but yet the number on the scale only kept going up as I got older. Maybe you can relate.
“Actually, I’ve had to go out and buy new belts because all my pants were falling down. Jeans that I hadn’t worn in years were loose and comfortable again.”
I could see that they were perplexed because I was feasting on everything at the dinner table with no cares whatsoever for carbs or portion control.
Some Benefits I’ve Experienced:
- More energy
- Improved digestion
- Major weight loss
- Saving Money On Food
Nutrition Plan For Success
Eat healthy by using my Nutrition Plan as your shopping and meal planning guide.